In 2010 Nike was looking for a way to get people to share their running activity on social media. The result was Nike+ Active's "Conquer the World" game, a mobile/online experience that turned all of your real world steps, runs or gym workouts into an online adventure that measured your progress through various challenges around the globe.
Some of the cool stuff that was in it...
• 10 different cities/levels of varying difficulty to journey through: NYC, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Paris, Stockholm, Johannesburg, Sydney, Mexico City and Rio.
• 60 virtual postcards people could photobomb their faces into via webcam to post on Facebook/Twitter/etc
• A gazillion different trophies and awards to unlock depending on performance
• Trash talking capabilities between friends for motivation to make it around the world first
• Google-based mapping of each city with interesting local facts along the way